QuasarBrite™ Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
A pioneer in the art of LED technology, Lumex offers one of the industry's largest selections of through-hole and surface-mount LEDs with an expansive selection of viewing and packaging options.
In today's marketplace, it's not uncommon to hear LEDs being heralded for their long life span and energy efficiency.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, in the next 20 years, rapid adoption of LED lighting in the U.S. can:
- Reduce electricity demands from lighting by one-third;
- Eliminate 258 million metric tons of carbon emissions; and
- Create financial savings that could exceed $200 billion.
However, LEDs have several other unique features which make them ideal candidates for many of today's evolving consumer and industry applications:
- LEDs are virtually impervious to vibration, thereby making LEDs nearly indestructible;
- The small size of LEDs offer tremendous freedom for design innovation;
- LEDs are a natural fit for outdoor applications; and
- LED performance inherently increases as the operating temperature drops.
All Lumex LED products are 100% RoHS compliant and ideally suited for a wide range of markets. Lumex also offers prototype designs made to fit your application by tooling PCBs and lens combinations to suit your needs.